• Safety Precautions and
• Regulatory Information
Safety and Troubleshooting Information
Safety precautions and maintenance
WARNING: Use of controls, adjustments or procedures other than
those specified in this documentation may result in exposure to shock,
electrical hazards and/or mechanical hazards.
Read and follow these instructions when connecting and using your computer monitor:
● Keep the monitor out of direct sunlight and away from stoves or any other heat source.
● Remove any object that could fall into ventilation holes or prevent proper cooling of the
● Do not block the ventilation holes on the cabinet.
● When positioning the monitor, make sure the power plug and outlet are easily accessible.
● If turning off the monitor by detaching the power cable or DC power cord, wait for 6
seconds before attaching the power cable or DC power cord for normal operation.
● Please use approved power cord provided by Philips all the time. If your power cord is
missing, please contact with your local service center. (Please refer to Customer Care
Consumer Information Center)
● Do not subject the LCD monitor to severe vibration or high impact conditions during
● Do not knock or drop the monitor during operation or transportation.
● To protect your display from possible damage, do not put excessive pressure on the LCD
panel. When moving your monitor, grasp the frame to lift; do not lift the monitor by
placing your hand or fingers on the LCD panel.
● Unplug the monitor if you are not going to use it for an extensive period of time.
● Unplug the monitor if you need to clean it with a slightly damp cloth. The screen may be
wiped with a dry cloth when the power is off. However, never use organic solvent, such
as, alcohol, or ammonia-based liquids to clean your monitor.
● To avoid the risk of shock or permanent damage to the set, do not expose the monitor to
dust, rain, water, or excessive moisture environment.
● If your monitor gets wet, wipe it with dry cloth as soon as possible.
● If foreign substance or water gets in your monitor, please turn the power off immediately
and disconnect the power cord. Then, remove the foreign substance or water, and send
it to the maintenance center.
● Do not store or use the LCD monitor in locations exposed to heat, direct sunlight or
file:///D|/cd manual/philips/Q70G900281312A 20090613/Q70G900281312A 20090611/lcd/manual/ENGLISH/241E1/safety/safety.htm（第 1／2 页）7/10/2009 11:20:49 AM